Together we develop the fundamental guiding principles for the sustainable turnaround of your company. Only correct analysis, the correct concept and strong implementation are the prerequisites to efficiently and effectively master a threatened or existing crisis. Our comprehensive and pragmatic approach is based on our core business competence in connection with many years of expertise in the sectors of technology and organisation.
We see and analyse the company from the perspective of the market and its requirements. That is why the implementation of measurable contributions to the improved value creation is our most important objective. However successful consultancy only works in a close relationship of trust between the entrepreneur and the consultant. The changes that we initiate are always the result of open and fair discussion - even on critical topics. We want to understand your corporate culture, your objectives and your business model so that we not only treat the symptoms but rather heal the cause.
Restructuring under insolvency protection (ESUG)
The law for the further simplification of restructuring in companies (ESUG) came into force on 01.03.2012. With this the legislator is aiming to overcome the stigmatisation of the term insolvency and by applying self-administration, in accordance with ESUG, offers an additional option for restructuring in a crisis.
Together we will product a restructuring plan with the aim of retaining the company and strengthening it for the future challenges of the market. Insolvency need not be the end but rather can be a new start for successful growth if the opportunities are used correctly. We are happy to support you in this.
Process and efficiency optimisation: Using opportunities, identifying risks
Current requirements and trends force entrepreneurs to constantly consider potential efficiency increases: The main driving forces for this are the rapid digitalisation of the working world and industrial processes as well as permanent pressure on costs and margins.
Where is your company and how do you and your managers rate these challenges: Risk or opportunity? Transition phases such as restructuring or reorganisation are always suitable occasions to undertake improvement.
How we proceed and what we do – our services in detail:
- Optimisation of production and service systems with lean concepts (Toyota Production Principle)
- Value stream mapping and design as well as process optimisation and reengineering
- The introduction of programmes to develop purchasing potential
- Optimisation of the use of personnel and resources
- Cost reduction based on zero based budgeting, value analyses etc.
- Redesign of the organisational structure and business and management processes
- Operational concepts for production, logistics and purchasing
- The development of planning, key figure management and cost control systems (KPI, BSC)
- The introduction and optimisation of ERP, SCM and CRM systems
- The introduction of an audit-proof, internal control system
- The solution of planning/technical problems with great potential or great strategic importance (e.g. portfolio adjustment and value analysis projects, optimisation of production procedures, production control and logistics)
- Optimisation of the value creation chain (e.g. preparation of make-or-buy decisions, implementation of outsourcing activities etc.)
- Development or optimisation of the new product creation and market introduction process and the introduction of the corresponding methods (QFD, value analysis, FMEA, etc.)
- Introduction or optimisation of project management and project controlling (e.g. development and market introduction projects, project portfolio management)
- Technology optimisation (e.g. increasing the availability of systems, reduction of set-up times and quality costs etc.)
- The transfer of specialist and method-specific know-how to the client’s employees (continual improvement, self-help)
Liquidity assurance and financing: We help to finance your company
The access to capital is primarily determined by your credit standing and is thus a question of trust and the reliability of your figures and strategy: Your financing bank partners, credit insurers and other financial partners pay strict attention to your credit worthiness and principal repayments and your partners and shareholders demand a reasonable return on equity. We help you to find the right financing for your needs and each financing reason.
Depending on the task in growth phases, special situations (restructuring, changes in partners, participation models for the top management through MBO/MBI, business succession) or individual investment decisions - we have a wide range of instruments and an established network of potential financing partners. We would also be happy to put you in contact with state funds or liquidity and equity aid plans.
Realised projects ‘restructuring’ (extract):
- Special machine constructors, approx. 150 employees with international production and distribution facilities, approx. 18 million Euros turnover
Creation of a restructuring report IDW S 6, development and production of bank reports, liquidity management, monthly controlling, plausibility checks on business planning, testing of the company concept, analysis of the product range, introduction of and support for a succession process, ERP introduction, implementation assistance with CRO.
- Large printing company, approx. 250 employees, approx. 32 million Euros turnover
Creation of a restructuring report IDW S 6, comprehensive process optimisation, increased efficiency in costs and organisation, implementation assistance with CRO, optimisation of distribution organisation, ongoing plausibility checks and checks on liquidity planning, monthly reporting for banks, creation of a controlling concept, improvements of data validity and IT performance.
- Circuit board manufacturer approx. 15 employees, approx. 2 million Euros turnover
Production of an informative company analysis with result and financial planning for 3 years as a basis for decision making for the principal banks to continue the credit exposure.
- NC-machines for stone processing, approx. 25 employees, approx. 5 million Euros turnover
Production of an informative restructuring concept with result and financial planning as a basis for decision making for the principal banks to continue the credit exposure, development of target systems and a plan for measures to conquer the crisis, negotiations with the pool of banks, supports for the company during the restructuring phase.
- Metal sheet engineering and production, approx. 80 employees, approx. 11 million Euros turnover
IDW S 6 restructuring report and continuation forecast, results and liquidity planning, restructuring, revenue growth, support in negotiations with investors, optimisation of production controls in the ERP and on the shop floor level (Takeda).
- Manufacturer of heat insulation systems with international production facilities, approx. 60 employees, approx. 8 million Euros turnover
IDW S 6 restructuring report and continuation forecast, results and liquidity planning, calculation, restructuring, yield increase, support for negotiations with investors.
- Pharmaceuticals wholesaler, approx. 60 million EUR turnover, approx. 25 employees, approx. 70 million Euros turnover
IDW S 6 restructuring report and continuation forecast, results and liquidity planning, calculation, restructuring, yield increase, support for negotiations with investors, process analysis, IT support, (planning process, project controlling), assistance for implementation.
- Waste disposal operation, approx. 20 employees, approx. 20 million Euros turnover
IIDW S 6 restructuring report and continuation forecast, results and liquidity planning, calculation, restructuring, yield increase, support for negotiations with investors, assistance for implementation.
Realised projects ‘process optimisation’ (extract):
- Automobile industry supplier (first tier), approx. 1200 employees, approx. 200 million Euros turnover
Redesign of the supplier management, cost structure analysis, efficiency improvement in procurement through the introduction of an ERP system, implementation of an audit-proof IT and supplier compliance system.
- Manufacturer of linear axles, ball screw drives, approx. 80 employees, approx. 12 million Euros turnover
Moderation of strategy workshops, company and product positioning, creation of a product, market and competition strategy.
- Electronics service centre, approx. 12 employees, approx. 5 million Euros turnover
Market research, product potential analysis, moderation of strategy workshops, company and product positioning, production of product, market and competition strategy, creation of a marketing plan and distribution concept.
- Manufacturer of testing technology and appliances for electrical safety, approx. 15 employees, approx. 3 million Euros turnover
Company concept, business planning, financing concept, market and competition analysis, marketing concept, restructuring, process design, IT introduction, coaching, succession regulation.
- Privatbank, approx. 120 employees, approx. 160 million Euros balance sheet total
Change management project, process analysis, process development, software specification, project management for software introduction (CRM, call center).
- Delicatessen, approx. 40 employees, approx. 18 million Euros turnover
Process analysis, definition and documentation, specification, tender, selection of an ERP system.
- Manufacturer of stainless steel kitchen equipment, approx. 250 employees, approx. 35 million Euros turnover
Productivity increase and restructuring of production on the basis of a ‘synchronous production system’ (Takeda) as part of the introduction of a continual improvement process.
- Financial services provider, approx. 2000 employees, approx. 1.6 billion Euros balance sheet total
Process design, simulation, documentation for a new business model in consultancy, concept for IT implementation of the newly designed advisory process, Support, production of a specialist concept, scenario change project (CRM, CAS).
Realised projects ‘liquidity assurance’ (extract):
- Tool machine service provider and distributor of used machines, approx. 19 employees, approx. 3 million Euros turnover
Expansion financing, company concept with business planning, liquidity planning, support in negotiations with investors, company assistance, coaching for managers and partners.
- IIT service provider for online communication, approx. 20 employees, approx. 2 million Euros turnover
Restructuring and integration concept, Investor search, evaluation and assistance for sale.
- Avionics manufacturer with international development, production and distribution facilities, approx. 200 employees, approx. 18 million Euros turnover
Expansion financing, business planning, liquidity planning and investors, introduction of controlling and reporting system, process analysis, IT support (planning process, distribution data base, development controlling), restructuring, increasing yield, support for negotiations with investors, introduction of factoring, implementation of a CRO, assistance for implementation.
Increased efficiency with specialised partners
Some challenges may make it necessary to work in an expanded, specialised team. It is not least because of this that Mauer Unternehmensberatung is a member in different organisations and cooperates with trustworthy, renowned specialist law firms, interim managers as CRO, CEO, CFO or COO and other specialised consultancies.
The core competences of Mauer Unternehmensberatung are supplemented sustainably - where necessary - by partners in the different specialist areas. We also work constantly with institutions from the sectors of science and teaching. This is how we ensure, in cooperation with universities, Fraunhofer institutes and Steinbeis centres, that the projects that are transferred to us are completed successfully, based on the latest findings. We thus offer our customers a strong and comprehensive network. However the overall responsibility stays in one place − with us.
Two companies – one performance promise
In conjunction with CPT Management GmbH, Mauer Unternehmensberatung GmbH has another strong partner at its side in order to follow the joint objective of ‘sustainably strengthening companies’. These services range from reinstating competitiveness to the substantial optimisation of profitability, efficiency and productivity through to crisis management and proactive crisis prevention.
Together we form a practised, complementary and multi-disciplinary team of experienced auditors, tax consultants, engineers, economists and lawyers. Our specialists have comprehensive competence in their specialist fields and in methods for all issues surrounding restructuring and turnaround management, process and efficiency optimisation, assuring liquidity and financing. We work in a practical and solution-oriented manner and take responsibility for the rapid and consistent implementation of the agreed measures and necessary change processes at all times.
Depending on requirements, our interim managers act as CEO, CRO, CFO or COO, where necessary also with organ status.